Are you looking for how to withdraw money without ATM card? This post explains in-depth the various methods you can make use of to withdraw cash from ATM stands in Nigeria.
ATM cards are important for cash withdrawals since they provide users access to their bank accounts and enable them to take out cash whenever and wherever they want. A person can use their Personal Identification Number (PIN) and an ATM card to withdraw money from an ATM without going to a bank branch or speaking to a bank teller.
Accessing cash without a debit card can be challenging, particularly when individuals are in urgent need of cash due to misplacement, theft, or damage to the card. The ATM card is required to access the bank account through an ATM, making it difficult to withdraw cash without it. Lack of nearby ATMs or bank branches, along with the absence of an ATM card, can exacerbate this problem. Therefore, alternative methods that are more inclusive, convenient, and secure which are necessary to address this issue will now be discussed here on.
- How to Withdraw Money Without ATM Card
- How to Generate Paycode for Different Banks in Nigeria
How to Withdraw Money Without ATM Card
There are two methods through which you can make a cardless cash withdrawal, which are:
- Fingerprint withdrawal
- Paycode withdrawal
It is now possible to withdraw money from an ATM without needing a card, thanks to a technique called fingerprint cardless withdrawal. It uses biometric technology to identify the individual through their fingerprint.
To get money from ATM using fingerprint withdrawal, follow these steps:
- Locate your bank branch that supports fingerprint transactions (you can ask the bank staff to confirm)
- Press any key to trigger cardless withdraw option (Since you do not have a card)
- Select the fingerprint option and enter the phone number linked to your account on prompt
- Place your fingerprint on the scanner when prompted (the machine will automatically scan and identify you)
- Choose the option for withdrawal, then follow the prompts to complete your transaction
Note that this method might only work with the ATM of your bank, that means for instance, if you have account with GTBank, you can only carry out fingerprint transaction at GTBank ATMs only.
- GTWorld VS GTBank App – Which is better?
- How to get PUK Number on MTN
- Is Kuda ATM Card Free? (How to Get Yours in Simple Steps)
- How to Generate GTBank Token Code Without Debit Card
Paycode Cash withdrawal
Paycoode cash withdrawal, as the name suggests, is a way to get cash out of a bank ATM by utilizing a unique code that the bank or financial institution provides. Depending on the particular bank, the procedure may differ, but it is similar in general.
To use Paycode Cash withdrawal, you will need to:
- Log in to your bank’s online banking or mobile banking app.
- Select the “Paycode Withdrawal” option.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
- Select “ATM” as your terminal
- Create a cash-out PIN.
- Click “Submit”.
Your paycode will now be displayed or sent to you via SMS. Copy the code and head to the nearest ATM stand for your withdrawal. You can use your bank’s USSD code alternatively to generate a Pay code.
To withdraw cash using the generated Paycode, you will need to:
- Go to an ATM that supports cardless withdrawal.
- Select the “Paycode Withdrawal” option.
- Enter your Paycode.
- Enter your cash-out PIN.
- Press “Enter”.
The ATM will then dispense your cash.
Paycode withdrawal is a convenient way to withdraw cash without your ATM card. It is a secure way to withdraw cash, as you will need to enter your cash-out PIN to complete the transaction.
Another scenario where Paycode comes to play, is when you are too busy to go withdraw cash from ATM. Instead of giving out your card and pin to a third party, you can generate paycode for the amount you need and give it to them to help you withdraw.
Apart from cash withdrawal, there are other transactions you can use a Paycode for, which include:
- Fund your mobile money account
- Pay for goods and services at Point of Sale (POS)
- Transfer money to another bank account
- Pay your utility bills
- Top up your data
- Pay for your cable subscription
- Pay for your school fees
- Pay for your medical bills
- Make a donation to a charity
How to Generate Paycode for Different Banks in Nigeria
Let’s now take a look at how to generate paycode for cardless withdrawal for some of the popular banks in Nigeria.
GTBank Paycode Generation
GTBank offers several methods that customers can use to generate Paycode for their cardless transactions. These methods include:
To generate a GTBank Paycode using the *737# USSD code, you can follow these steps:
- Ensure that the mobile number you are using is registered with your GTBank account.
- Dial *737# on your phone
- Enter the number that corresponds with “Cardless” option (select “Next” if not listed)
- Select “Paycode”
- Then follow the on-screen prompts to provide the necessary details needed to generate the code. This may include the amount of the payment or transaction, the recipient’s information, pin for the withdrawal or any other relevant details.
Your Generated Paycode will now be displayed on your screen or sent via SMS.
To generate a GTBank Paycode using the GTWorld mobile app, you can follow these steps:
- Login to your GTWorld app
- Click on “Cashout”
- Choose “Paycode (All ATMs & POS)”
- Fill in the necessary details and double-check them
- Click “Continue” to complete the transaction.
- Make a note of the Paycode or save it securely as you will need it for the specific transaction or payment.
To generate a GTBank Paycode using the GTBank online banking:
- Login to GTBank online banking using your browser
- Tap “SHOW NAVIGATION”
- Tap “Account Transfers” from the menu
- Click on “Paycode” (the last option) on the Account transfers menu section
- Click “New Request” and fill the necessary details
- Generate token code and enter it
- Click “Submit”
Once all the details are correct, your Paycode will be generated and displayed on your screen. Don’t forget to take note of the Paycode. You can now use the paycode to withdraw cash at any ATM that supports cashless withdrawal.
How to withdraw money from Kuda bank without ATM using Paycode
Kuda Microfinance bank also offers a couple of cardless transaction options, which Paycode for ATM cash withdrawal is one of them.
To generate paycode for Kuda cardless withdrawal:
- Login to your Kuda app and click on the “Pay” tab
- Select “Cardless Payments”
- Select “ATM Withdrawal”
- Enter the amount and cash-out pin
- Click on “Next” at the top-right side of the app and click “Continue” to confirm the message displayed
- Then, authenticate with your transaction pin or fingerprint
Your withdrawal code will be displayed. You can now locate any ATM with cardless withdrawal enabled to get cash without debit card. As simple as it sounds!
Zenith Bank Cardless ATM Withdrawal
To generate cardless withdrawal code on Zenith using USSD:
- Dial *966*60# and select option 7.
- Input Amount
- Enter a 4-digit number for your cashout pin
- Confirm the 4 digits PIN to complete the cardless withdrawal request
Your 0–14-digit withdrawal code will be sent to you via SMS
You can also use the Zenith bank mobile application to get your withdrawal code.
Follow these steps to get your paycode using Zenith mobile app:
- Login to Zenith bank app with your user ID and password
- Select cardless withdrawal from the menu
- Enter the amount
- create pin for the withdrawal
- Enter your Zenith bank app transaction pin to complete the code generation
Your paycode will be generated and sent to you via SMS
UBA Bank Cardless Withdrawal Code
For UBA customers, you can follow this guide on the official UBA website to see the various you can use in order to generate paycode for your cardless withdrawal
General Facts About Paycode Cardless Withdrawal
- Paycode withdrawal is available at most ATMs in Nigeria.
- You can generate paycode using USSD, bank app, or internet bank (via browser)
- The maximum amount for paycode transaction varies from bank to bank
- Paycode expires within 24 hours from the time it was generated
- The amount initiated for paycode withdrawal must be the amount to be withdrawn at once
- Paycode has a withdrawal limit per day which is dependent on the bank or financial institution
Accessing cash without an ATM card is possible through various alternative methods. In this blog post, we explored two such methods: fingerprint withdrawal and paycode generation (using USSD codes, bank app and internet banking).
While ATM cards remain a primary means of accessing cash, these alternative methods provide viable options in situations where ATM cards are unavailable, lost, or simply not preferred. By exploring these alternatives, you can gain greater flexibility and convenience in accessing cash for your financial needs.