Are you looking for how to transfer money from GTBank to Opay account? You are in the right place. Since the advent of digital banking, transferring funds from one account to another has become very easy. The era of standing in a queue just to send funds to another account has passed. In this article, I will show you how to transfer to Opay from GTBank using different methods.
Table of Contents
How to Transfer to Opay from GTBank: USSD
If you prefer to use USSD code to transfer from GTB to Opay, you will be pleased to know that there are two USSD codes that you can make use of. One is the general GTB USSD code for transfers to OFI and wallet funding: *737#22#. Or you can generate GTB USSD code for Opay transfer right inside your Opay app.
To transfer to Opay using OFI and wallet funding USSD code:
- Dial the *737#22# on your GTB registered phone line
- Choose “Trsf – mobile money / PSB”
- Enter the amount
- Enter the recipient’s phone number
- Select Opay from the list
- Then, follow the rest of the prompts up to where you will be requested to enter your 737 pin to complete the transaction.
Also Read: How to Check Transaction History on Kuda
To Generate USSD code to transfer from GTB to Opay using your Opay app, follow the steps below:
- Open your Opay app and click on add money on the homepage.
- Select “Bank USSD”
- Select “Guarantee Trust Bank”, enter the amount and click next.
- A 737 USSD short code will be generated. Dial the code or give it to someone that wants to send you money to dial.
- Follow the prompts to complete the transfer.
Note that the USSD code will only be used once, and if the transfer is not made within 5 minutes, the code will be invalid. So, be fast enough to do the transfer before the code expires. You can always generate a new code, anytime, any day.
Also Read: Complete List of GTB USSD Codes – Updated
How to transfer money from GTBank to Opay account: GTWorld App
To fund your Opay wallet with GTBank App, GTWorld, follow the steps below:
- Log into your GTWorld app (Download and register on GTWorld app if you have not)
- Once you have logged in, tap “Transfer”
- Enter the Opay account number; the receiver’s phone number, excluding the first zero (0)
- Scroll down and select “Find More Banks”
- Enter “Opay” in the search box and select Opay from the result
- Confirm the account name
- Enter the amount and click send
- Enter your App transaction PIN, or any other authentication method you have set, to confirm the transaction.
Also Read: How to Convert Airtime to Cash in Nigeria
How to Transfer from GTB to Opay Using GTB Debit Card
Another way to quickly transfer money from your GTB account to Opay account is by using your GTBank ATM card. Follow the steps below to fund your Opay account with GTB debit card:
- Open your Opay app and click on Add money
- Select “Top-up with Card/Account”
- Enter the amount you want to fund and click “Next”
- Tap “Add new payment option”
- Enter your card details and click “Confirm”
- Enter the OTP that will be sent to your phone, click on “confirm verification”.
- Your Opay acoount will now be funded and your GTB acount will be debitted.
- Tap “Done”
Note that you can only add the card linked to your BVN for security reasons. Your card will be added to the payment options so that you will not have to reenter the details on subsequent funding.
- How to Check BVN without Airtime
- How to Block GTBank ATM Card
- How to Retrieve TIN Number + Online
- How to Get Tax Identification Number in Nigeria Online
- 7 Important Retirement Savings Rule of Thumb
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is there a fee for transferring money from GTBank to Opay?
Transaction fees may apply, and these can vary depending on the method you choose.
How long does it take for the transfer to reflect in my Opay wallet?
The processing time for transfers can vary, but it typically reflects instantly. Sometimes, it may take a few minutes to a few hours for the funds to appear in your Opay wallet.
With the increasing popularity of digital payment platforms like Opay, knowing how to transfer funds from your GTBank account is essential. This article has provided you step-by-step instructions for three convenient methods: USSD, the GTWorld app, and using your GTB debit card. Select the method that aligns with your comfort and enjoy seamless transactions.
Now that you have a clear understanding of how to send money from GTB to Opay, you can enjoy the convenience of digital transactions with ease. Pick the method that suits you best and start transferring funds effortlessly.