Convenience is key when it comes to digital banking, and the ability to perform cardless withdrawals on Point of Sale (POS) machines is a testament to that. Cardless withdrawal on POS machines is a feature that many banks now offer to make your banking experience smoother and more accessible. In this article, I will show you how to do cardless withdrawal on POS machine, ensuring that you can access your fund even without debit or credit card.
Table of Contents
What’s Cardless Withdrawal on POS?
Unlike the traditional method of withdrawing money from POS, which involves using your debit or credit card, cardless withdrawal on POS simply means withdrawing money from POS without or in the absence of an ATM card. This can be incredibly helpful, especially in scenarios where your ATM has expired, or lost.
Benefits of Cardless Withdrawal
Cardless withdrawal eliminates the need to carry a physical card, making it incredibly convenient for those moments when you forget your wallet or card at home.
With cardless withdrawal, your transactions are more secure than ever. It requires a unique transaction code and your phone number, adding an extra layer of protection.
Cardless withdrawal is accessible 24/7, allowing you to withdraw cash even when the bank is closed, making it perfect for emergencies.
- How to Convert Airtime to Cash to Your Bank Account
- How to Check BVN without Airtime
- How to Retrieve TIN Number + Online
- How to Boost Retirement Savings
How to do Cardless Withdrawal on POS
Method #1: Transferring Funds to a POS Agent
The fastest way to do cardless cash withdrawal from a POS is by transferring funds to a POS agent, and you will be given cash in return. This method offers flexibility and ease of access to your money, especially when you find yourself in a situation where you don’t have a physical card available. Here’s how it works:
- Locate a Nearby POS Agent:
- Start by identifying a nearby POS agent. These agents are typically found at various retail outlets, including supermarkets, convenience stores, and gas stations.
- Inform the Agent:
- Approach the POS agent and inform them that you would like to make a cardless cash withdrawal.
- Transfer the money to the Agent’s Account:
- The POS agent will provide you with the account that you will send the money to. Carefully confirm the account details and the amount before sending the money. Make the transfer using your bank’s USSD code or mobile app.
- Receive Cash from the Agent:
- Once the transfer is confirmed, the POS agent will dispense the requested cash amount to you. Ensure you collect the cash and a receipt as proof of the transaction.
This method is undoubtedly the quickest way to get cash from POS without an ATM card. However, due to one reason or the other, some POS agents do not allow transfers for withdrawal. If that is the case for you, do not worry, there is always an option. Use the method below to get your cash from POS if they don’t accept transfer.
Method #2: Using Withdrawal Code or Paycode
Okay, there are two steps to do POS cardless withdrawal using Paycode.
Let’s explore the steps:
Step 1: Generate Your Cardless withdrawal Code (Paycode)
Depending on the bank you are using, you can generate paycode with USSD, bank app, or internet banking.
Follow these steps to generate paycode for POS withdrawal with bank app or internet banking:
- Log in to your Bank’s mobile app or internet banking Platform
- Once you have logged in, look for the options like cashout, Cardless, Paycode, etc., on the homepage or menu and select it.
- If you see POS in the cardless withdrawal options, make sure to select it
- Enter Transaction Details (amount, recipient’s phone number, etc.)
- Enter the onetime four-digit PIN you wish to use as the withdrawal PIN at POS
- Verify and Confirm the Transaction by entering your app transaction PIN or OTP
- The withdrawal code will now be generated and displayed on your screen. Note it down and secure it.
Note the steps to get Paycode from bank, or internet might be slightly different depending on your. But the above steps provide the general steps to get it done.
Another way to get paycode for POS withdrawal is through bank’s USSD code. Refer to the table below for your bank’s USSD code for POS cardless withdrawal.
- How to Get Tax Identification Number in Nigeria Online
- How to Check Bank Network Status
- How to Retrieve Remita Receipt Without RRR
Nigerian Banks USSD Code for POS cardless Withdrawal
|Bank||POS Cardless Withdrawal Code||How to Use|
|Heritage Bank||*322*030*8*Amnt#||— Dial *322*030*8*Amount#|
— Follow the prompt to get your paycode
|Fidelity Bank||*770*8*Amnt#||— Dial *770*8*Amount# from your registered mobile phone. |
— Follow on-screen prompts, create an OTP, and enter your PIN to get a Paycode.
|Zenith Bank||*966*000*MerchantCode#||— Dial *966*000*MerchantCode#. The merchant code will be given to you by the POS agent. Then, follow the prompts to complete the transaction.|
|Union Bank||*826*7#||— Dial *826*7# |
— Enter 2 for ATM/POS
— Enter Amount, and create a Cash-Out PIN.
|GTBank (Guaranty Trust Bank)||*737#||— Dial *737#|
— input “8” for the next menu.
— Select cardless withdrawals.
— Choose “Other Bank.”
— Select ATM/POS
— Enter amount, and create a Cash-Out PIN.
|Unity Bank||*7799*8*Amnt#||— Dial *7799*8*Amount#|
— Follow the prompts to get your paycode
|UBA (United Bank for Africa)||*919*8*Amnt#||— Dial *919*8*Amount# and send|
— Follow on-screen prompts to generate a Paycode
|Wema Bank||*945*8*Amnt#||— Dial *945*8*Amount#|
— Follow the prompt to generate a paycode
|Sterling Bank||*822*42#||— Dial *822*42#|
— Follow prompts generate your paycode with onetime password
Step 2: Withdraw Your Money at POS
Now that you have gotten your Paycode, it’s time to use it at POS for withdrawal. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the nearest POS around you
- Tell the POS agent that you want to do cardless withdrawal with paycode
- The agent will request you enter your withdrawal code (Paycode)
- Enter the Paycode you generated
- Type the 4-digit PIN you created for the withdrawal
- Your account will be debited and credited to the POS machine (Just like when you are using card)
- Collect your cash.
While cardless withdrawal is convenient, it’s essential to prioritize security. Here are some security tips to have in mind:
- Keep Your Transaction Code Secure: Do not share your transaction code with anyone, and ensure it’s not visible to prying eyes.
- Avoid Sharing Sensitive Information: Never share sensitive banking information with anyone, especially over the phone or online.
- Regularly Update Your Mobile Banking App: Keep your mobile banking app up to date to benefit from the latest security enhancements.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is cardless withdrawals on POS machines Secure?
Yes, Cardless withdrawals on POS machines are secure because they require a one-time code to complete the transaction. This code ensures that only you can complete the transaction.
Can I use cardless withdrawals at any POS machine?
Not all POS machines support cardless withdrawals. Ensure the machine you choose has this feature before attempting a transaction.
Is there a limit to the amount I can withdraw through cardless transactions?
Banks usually impose daily withdrawal limits for cardless transactions. Check with your bank to know the specific limit applicable to your account.
What should I do if I don’t receive the one-time code?
If you don’t receive the code promptly, check your mobile network signal. If the issue persists, contact your bank’s customer support for assistance.
Are there any fees associated with cardless withdrawals?
Banks normally charge fees for cardless withdrawals, but these fees are often low. So, if you really need the cardless withdrawal services, the fee won’t be an issue.
Performing cardless withdrawal on a POS machine is a seamless and secure way to access your funds. By following the steps outlined in this guide and keeping the FAQs in mind, you can make cardless withdrawals with confidence. So, whenever you need to make a withdrawal from POS, but find yourself without your ATM card, know that you can make your withdrawal without a debit card.