If you find yourself in a situation where you need to block your Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) account, and searching: ‘how to block my GTBank account?’ Whether it’s due to security concerns or any other reason, you’ll be pleased to know that GTB offers multiple convenient methods to achieve this. In this article, I will show you how to block GTB account online, with code or via SMS. Your financial security is paramount, and understanding how to block your GTB account is an essential step in protecting your assets.
Table of Contents
Why Would You Need to Block Your GTB Account?
There are several scenarios where blocking your GTB account becomes necessary. It could be due to a lost or stolen wallet, a misplaced ATM card, or if you suspect any unauthorized activity in your account. Blocking the account prevents unauthorized access and ensures that your funds are safe.
How to Block GTB Account with Different Methods
In today’s digital age, where banking transactions happen online, and personal information is at risk of cyber threats, knowing how to block your GTB account is crucial. By understanding the methods available, you can take swift action if your account’s security is compromised.
- Fastest Ways to Block GTBank ATM Card
- How to Get GTBank Statement of Account on Phone/Online
- How to Use GTBank Mobile App Without ATM Card
- Proven Strategies to Monetize WhatsApp Status
Let us now explore the various ways through which you restrict your GTBank account from unauthorized transactions.
1. Blocking Your GTB Account Using USSD Code
If you are searching for how to block my GTBank account with 737, GTB provides a simple and convenient USSD code that allows you to block your account with ease. Just follow these steps:
- Dial the GTB USSD code: *737*51*74#, on your registered mobile number.
- You will be asked to enter the phone number linked to your account
- You will also be asked to enter your 737 PIN
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process, and debit transactions will be restricted from your account.
If you are looking for how to block GTB account from another phone, the steps above still work perfectly. All you have to do is to use another phone to dial *737*51*74# and follow the prompts to complete the process.
2. How to Block Your GTB Account Using SMS
Another way to block your GTB account is by sending a simple SMS from your registered mobile number.
To Block Your GTB Account via SMS:
- First, open the messaging app on your phone.
- Next, type the following message exactly as shown: “HOTLIST ‘Your Account Number’” (without the quotes). For instance, if your GTB account number is 026558XXXX, your message should look like this: “HOTLIST 026558XXXX.”
- Finally, send the message from the phone number linked to your GTB account to 08076665555.
Once you’ve sent the SMS, the GTB team will take care of the rest. They’ll make sure your account is secure. You’ll receive a confirmation message once the account is successfully blocked.
Remember, use the phone number that’s connected to your GTB account to send the SMS. Keep an eye out for the confirmation message to confirm that your account has been successfully blocked.
- How to Generate GTBank Token Code Without Debit Card
- GTWorld VS GTBank App – Which is better
- How to Add Beneficiary on First Bank App
- 14 Smart Ways How to Boost Retirement Savings
3. How to Block GTB Account Online
To block your GTBank account online through GTB internet banking platform, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your GTB internet banking account (quickly register if you do not have an internet banking account yet).
- Click on “Proceed to internet banking”
- Navigate to the ‘Self Service’ section on the menu, and select ‘Account Switch-Off/On’
- Select ‘disable’ in the all channel option, and Set date from and date to
- Scroll down and answer your security question
- Finally, click on the submit button
Once you have successfully followed the steps above, after 10 minutes, your account will be turned off for internet banking, ATM/POS, GTWorld app, IVR, USSD code, and mobile banking. The account will be off until the time you set elapses. You can then go to GTBank branch to rectify the issue that made you switch off your account.
Tips to Keep Your GTB Account Secure
While knowing how to block your account is essential, it’s equally important to take proactive measures to keep your GTB account secure:
- Regularly update your passwords and PINs.
- Don’t share sensitive information with anyone.
- Enable two-factor authentication if available.
- Monitor your account statements for any suspicious activity.
Securing your GTB account is crucial to prevent unauthorized access and potential financial loss. With the USSD code, internet banking, and SMS options, you can block your account quickly and efficiently. Choose the method that suits you best and follow the steps provided. By taking this proactive approach, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your GTB account is safe and protected.
You May Like: